Collection of personal information
When you use the Site, we may collect the following types of information:
- Medical information: Members are not required to provide medical and health information in order to use the Site. If, however, you choose to provide medical or health information (such as whether you have diabetes) in public areas of the Site (such as on your public profile, in forums, or in groups), this information becomes public information. Medical and health information provided in areas of the Site that offer privacy/sharing settings are subject to the settings that you choose for that that area of the site. You should exercise caution when disclosing your personal medical and health information and adjust your privacy settings as needed to avoid sharing more information than you are comfortable with.
- Log information: When you use the Site, our servers automatically record information sent by your computer's browser. These server logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request.
Use of personal information
- We may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important changes to the Site, new services or featured offered by the Site, and special offers and information we believe you will find valuable. By providing us with your personal information, you are consenting to our use of your information in accordance with our policies.
- If you choose to post your personal information to public areas of the Site, you should be aware that this information can be read or used by other members of the Site, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Be Sure to Test is not responsible for any information you choose to submit in public areas of the Site.
- We may also use your personal information to display customized content and advertising, to help us develop new services, and to analyze, protect, and improve the Site.
- We will not collect or use your personal information for purposes other than those described in this Policy unless we have obtained your prior consent.
Legislation passed in California requires certain specific disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet and provide personal information that may be used for marketing purposes. This legislation requires any business that discloses a user's information to any third party for direct marketing purposes to provide the user the means of obtaining the information of any individuals or businesses that may have received such information. You may request this information by e-mailing privacy@besuretotest. Be Sure to Test is not obligated to respond to more than one request per e-mail address per calendar year.
Disclosure of personal information
Be Sure to Test occasionally makes available our member names and contact information to other organizations that we feel may be of interest to our members. Names and addresses are provided on a one-time basis. Companies will not have continued access to your contact information unless you respond to them directly or once you opt-out of their mailing list.
Be Sure to Test does knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 and as such does not knowingly use or distribute personal information regarding children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 do not use the Site and do not submit personal information to the Site. If we receive any indication that a child under 13 has submitted personal information to the Site, that information and associated member profile will be deleted from our database immediately.